Looks like America needs The Village Square now more than ever.
so we’re hiring someone to lead the charge in our Tallahassee location.
Saving democracy sound like just your kind of job? Read on!
Who We Are: A nonprofit with local and national reach, we work hard in the interest of democracy and community. We are a nervy bunch of liberals and conservatives who believe that dialogue and disagreement make for a good conversation, a good country, and a good time.
Executive Director, Tallahassee Village Square. This position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic leader deeply connected to the Tallahassee community ready to lead an established small nonprofit in its original Tallahassee location in the important work of building bridges across accelerating divisions in society. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for civic engagement, openness to new ideas and a genuine desire to narrow the partisan divide using our established cutting-edge civic model. The ideal candidate is both scrappy and self-sufficient and a natural team player, eager to collaborate to do whatever it takes to deliver the high-quality programming the community has come to expect. They should be self-directed, energetic, able to lead operational staff, interns and volunteers — and be genuinely motivated by being hands-on. They must have proven fundraising, event management, and supervisory abilities, as well as experience working with nonprofit boards and organizational budgets. Superb organizational skills – with a natural internal drive to excel – are key.
If this describes you, apply today with a resume and cover letter/email to Founder & CEO Liz Joyner at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Village Square:
The Village Square is dedicated to bridging divides between people who don’t look or think alike through discussion and spirited disagreement in a 21st Century revival of the American town hall. We are a national innovator in the field of bridge building with 15 years proof of concept, along with the roadmap and relationships to share and scale our expertise, making Tallahassee Village Square what former NEH Chair Jim Leach called “a model for the land.” Online at https://tlh.villagesquare.us/
Key Priorities and Responsibilities:
• Establish a solid working relationship with the Board and Founder & President, reporting on all aspects of organizational operations including budget and planning and executing strategic plan relative to Tallahassee-specific duties
• Fundraising is an essential part of this position; responsible for execution and revision of development plan
• Plan and lead all public programming for Tallahassee Village Square. Plan and lead social media engagement initiatives for Tallahassee Village Square
• Plan and lead communications and community engagement initiatives for Tallahassee Village Square (social media, external relations, etc.)
• Hire and supervise Tallahassee operational staff
• Prepare, present and supervise administration of annual organizational budget
• Mandatory attendance at weeknight Village Square events and meetings (estimate about 25 through year)
• Position reports directly to The Village Square Board of Directors on matters related to The Village Square in its Tallahassee location and to Founder & President related to The Village Square’s model, brand and national efforts.
Preferred Professional Requirements and Qualities:
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years professional experience, with 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit or community engagement work
• A candidate who is already deeply engaged in Tallahassee’s community and civic space, with many strong and existing local relationships
• Superb organizational skills – with a natural internal drive to excel
• Approachable, collaborative and transparent professional style
• Ability to interact professionally with Board members, staff, and program participants of diverse backgrounds and perspectives
• Record of success with non-profit organizations and their boards
• Demonstrated successful record of resource development for organizational support, including giving campaigns, sponsorship relationships and grants
• Proven strong speaking, writing, and communications skills — ability to write compellingly, consistent with unique Village Square voice
• Demonstrated history of effective collaboration and broad community involvement
• Experience with financial management and budgeting
• Self-directed individual who can manage many competing priorities while upholding the vision for the Tallahassee branch of the organization
Send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to: Liz Joyner, Founder & CEO, email@example.com
This is an executive search process; applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled
The Village Square is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Village Square does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, economic background, marital status, national origin, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression
Visit our website at https://tlh.villagesquare.us or call 850.264.8785
“In democratic countries knowledge of how to combine is the mother of all other forms of knowledge; on its progress depends that of all the others.” – Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America 1835